At Vantage Point, we recognize and understand the sense of apprehension that can loom over the prospect of getting treatment. For these reasons, we do everything in our power to ensure that every aspect of our admissions process encourages a sense of hope for the future.
If you are suffering from the symptoms of a mental health disorder or the compulsion to abuse drugs and/or alcohol, you are likely all too familiar with the resulting pain and suffering that occurs each day. Similarly, if you have a loved one who is battling either of these types of conditions, you have seen the challenges that he or she faces within seemingly every aspect of his or her life. While you know you need help, or that your loved one needs help, it can be an intimidating process to begin looking for care.
At Vantage Point of Northwest Arkansas, we recognize the challenges and devastation that these problems can bring, and we understand the sense of apprehension that can loom over the prospect of getting treatment. For these reasons and more, we do everything in our power to ensure that every aspect of our admissions process encourages a sense of hope for the future.
By offering a straight-forward and stress-free admissions process, we are able to help everyone who seeks our care to rest assured that not only are they taking steps to receive the best treatment possible, but also that they will be supported every step of the way.
Prospective patients can begin the admissions process in a number of ways, including the following:
- Mobile assessment
- Professional referral
- Walk-in self-referral
Our Intake Coordinators are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to assist those in need of care, or their family members in starting the admissions process. Individuals have the option of calling our intake department in order to address inquiries and/or schedule an assessment, or they may come to our treatment center and receive an assessment on a walk-in basis.
What to Expect
When you or your loved one arrives for a free, confidential assessment, you can expect the following to occur:
- You or your loved one will complete an intake evaluation form.
- You or your loved one will meet with one of our knowledgeable and qualified assessment screeners who will provide you or your loved one with an initial assessment. This assessment typically takes approximately 45 minutes and will include the gathering of information related to your presenting concerns, your history, and other pertinent information necessary for making an appropriate decision regarding your prospective treatment plan.
- The screener with whom you or your loved one works will then review the assessment with one of our physicians in order to determine which level of care will be of most benefit in meeting your or your loved one’s specific needs.
- Once this determination has been made, the screener will present the information to you or your loved one, and a referral for inpatient admission or outpatient follow-up care will be provided.
Every admission decision at Vantage Point of Northwest Arkansas is made on a case-by-case basis after thoroughly evaluating all relevant information regarding the type of care that an individual needs and ensuring that our programming can successfully meet those needs.
People who are admitted into our programming will typically meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Danger to self
- Danger to others
- Suffering from psychosis
- Suffering from symptoms of mental illness that are severe enough to have caused an inability to function
- In need of drug or alcohol detoxification services
We believe that the needs of individuals in various developmental stages must be treated accordingly. As such, we offer separate programming options for children, adolescents, adults, and senior adults. The age requirements for each program are outlined in the following:
- Child inpatient treatment: Ages 5-12
- Adolescent inpatient treatment: Ages 13-17
- Adult inpatient treatment: Ages 18-55
- Senior inpatient treatment: Ages 55 and up
If you have any questions about our admissions criteria, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you are struggling with symptoms of a mental health condition or substance abuse problem, do not let your suffering continue. If you have a loved one who is plagued by mental illness or chemical dependency, help him or her find the care that he or she needs.
Please reach out to the kind, caring, and compassionate staff at your earliest convenience. For over 35 years, we have been helping children, teens, adults, and older adults overcome their struggles and embark on a path of true and lasting recovery. Every person who considers treatment at Vantage Point will enter a nurturing and welcoming environment where their needs become our staff’s top priority.
Do not spend another day in pain. Reach out to us today.